Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Meme

1. Last Movie I Saw In A Movie Theater?
I don't really remember. I don't have time to go to movies.

2. What Book Are You Reading?
The Fortune Cookie Chronicles by Jennifer 8. Lee

3. Favorite Board Game?
Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit

4. Favorite Magazine?
Food and Wine, Practical Horseman, Mad

5. Favorite Smells?
Lilacs, chocolate desserts baking, fireplaces, honeysuckle, cedar

6. Favorite Sounds?
Rain, music, water/ocean

7. Worst Feeling In The World?
Noticing a new gray hair, stepping on the scale and seeing a weight gain, finding your favorite outfit is too tight.

8. First Thing You Think of When You Wake?
Phew. I didn't have to take that test in quantum physics in my underwear.

9. Favorite Fast Food Place?
I never really eat fast food anymore. Thank you Eric Schlosser!

10. Future Child's Name?
I don't know. My criteria for naming a child are 1. the name can't be in the top 20 most popular names (so the kid isn't one of a million Michaels or Emilys in his class) and 2. It has to sound like a FIRST NAME. If it's not your family's last name, don't use a last name as your kids first name. This goes double if the name in question is the name of a city, a state, or a US president.

It's a moot point though since Kevin and I have waffled on the kid issue for 7 years and my biological clock is in the process of winding down. I don't think kids are in the future. I'm OK with child free.

11. Finish This Statement—“If I Had a Lot of Money, I'd...
Take that riding holiday in Italy that I've been putting off all of these years.

12. Do You Drive Fast?
Yes, but not crazy fast

13. Do You Sleep With a Stuffed Animal?
You mean like when my husband is horny and had too much to eat?

No.14. Storms—Cool or Scary?
Cool, but they can get scary when they're really close and you are hoping your home doesn't get struck by lightning.

15. What Was Your First Car?
1980 Ford Granada

16. Favorite Drink?
Water. If you're talking alcoholic I like cosmos, margaritas, Mike's and whatever wine I'm in the mood for.

17. Finish This Statement—“If I Had the Time, I Would…
Spend more time with my filly and be more involved with her training. I would also do more theater projects.

18. Do You Eat the Stems on Broccoli?
Only the upper stems

19. If You could Dye your Hair Any Other Color, What Would It Be?
I'm pretty happy with my natural hair color. However, that's that color I'll be dyeing it soon as the grays keep cropping up.

20. Name All the Different Cities In Which You Have Lived
Harrison NY, Larchmont NY, Mamaroneck NY, Elizabethtown, PA (college)

21. Favorite Sport to Watch?
I don't really enjoy watching other people play sports, even sports I enjoy doing.

22. One Nice Thing About The Person Who Sent This To You
Em is an amazing baker and totally funny.

23. What’s Under Your Bed?
Luggage mostly. Perhaps a monster or two.

24. Would You Like to Be Born As Yourself Again?
No

25. Morning Person or Night Owl?
Morning person. See how early I comment on your blogs.

26. Over Easy or Sunny Side Up?
Either one. Depends on my mood

27. Favorite Place to Relax?
In the kitchen or at the barn.

28. Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?
Bellvale Bog or Meadow Muffins from the Bellvale Creamery.

29. Of All the People You Have Tagged, Who Is the Most Likely to Respond First?
???? I need to widen my blogfriend circle a bit.

Okay I will tag

Nik Snaks
Sticky Gooey Creamy Chewy
We Are Never Full
Burp!

4 comments:

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy said...

Holy Mozart! Did you post this before you went to bed or after you got up? I'm usually not even up at 4 a.m.!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

That must have been a mistake. Although I sometimes go online when I have insomnia (My MySpace blog is full of insomniac ramblings), I didn't post this one at 4 AM.

Emiline said...

Yay! You did it! Thank you. I think you're so interesting.

13 - I think it was 13- LOL! So funny! Your husband...

I love the smell of lilacs.

Now, I'm a little sad about the "Emily" thing though. But I agree with you! I wouldn't name my kid Emily. WHY oh why do I have to have the most popular name? Did you know my sweet sister's name is Rachel?

Lo said...

I was a bit late in responding ... since I went on vacation right after getting tagged... but I'm posting right now :)