Pages

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Fun With Leftovers

I apologize for the naked post. I went to take pictures while I was cooking last night and discovered my camera battery is out of juice. It's recharging right now, so I will have photos for my next blog.

How to Have Fun with Leftovers

1. Sprinkle two pork chops with salt and pepper. Brown them in a skillet.
2. Generously coat them with leftover port-ginger cranberry sauce that has been thinned out a bit with some wine.
3. Put chops in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
4. Serve with leftover pecan sweet potatoes and a vegetable that had nothing at all to do with Thanksgiving.

Bonus Fun

Cut up some of that leftover cheese from Cato Corner Farm and serve it with grapes and chopped up pears over mixed greens.

Man this post would have been better with photos!

12 comments:

Colloquial Cook said...

Photo or no photo, can I come?? It's lunch time and I feel like pork chops and sweet potatoes!! You're making me veeery hungry Rachel!

The Blonde Duck said...

Sounds yummy!

We Are Never Full said...

love the "bonus fun" - somehow you made this post seem like a game show. ha! i actually liked that we'll see the photo later b/c now i can try and guess what it looks like.

Emily said...

I would eat the leftover cheese with a glass of wine.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

CC - Aww...thanks. Read enough of this blog and you'll understand my unbridled passion for the other white meat-rivaled only by my love of chocolate.

Blondie - Thanks.

WANF - Hee. Is it a game show or an infomercial? "But wait - There's more!" I'm afraid this will remain without photos due to the dead battery. Photos will become availalbe for my next recipe. Just imagine a pork chop with a red glaze on top?

Em - No one said you couldn't enjoy the bonus with a glass of wine. ;-)

Stacey Snacks said...

I get the picture, it all sounds delish.
I would rather use my imagination anyway!
Stacey

duodishes said...

Never thought about dousing pork chops with gobs of fresh cranberry. If you do get a picture, that'd be fab, but at least you've inspired us to use our imaginations!

noble pig said...

That sounds amazing wow! I love it!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Thanks again everyone. It seemed like such a simple idea at the time, so I'm really loving the positive reception!

Bunny said...

Those pork chops sound wonderful, what a great combination!

Sue said...

That is good idea to thin the cranberry sauce with wine to use as a sauce. Yum!

Bellini Valli said...

Photos or not these dishes sound droolworhty:D