Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

TERP Has A Blogiversary

My first post at The Essential Rhubarb Pie was two years ago today.

It's been a fun two years. I think I started this blog not really sure what a food blog should be, or how I should structure one. I just wanted to talk about food and have a place where I could archive and share my ideas for recipes. This has grown to much more and has become a very special project for me.

I've been through a few changes for the better. I've grown better at actually making my recipes be recipes. I've also finally begun to add photos in the past year. I like finding new and different ways to illustrate this blog.

Best of all, I keep making all kinds of new friends. My blogstalking list is growing all of the time as I discover more wonderful blogs out there. Chances are some of you reading this right now might not be officially on the list because I've been too lazy to add you, but I'm reading so many more new great blogs every day, so it will be there soon. There are blogs that make me think, and blogs that make me laugh, blogs that make me cook, and blogs that aren't about food at all. I love reading them all and getting to know all of you. I've even had the privilege of meeting some of you. I hope to keep expanding my readership as well. I remember how in recent months how thrilled I was to get TWENTY follow up comments on a post. I hope I make enough friends to double that this year. As I said during my Lupa lunch when we discussed our audiences, "Well, some of the cool people read my blog!"

So thanks to all of my readers, regular and casual (my god, this blog has FOLLOWERS - how cool is that?), for keeping me going and encouraging, and best of all putting up with my goofiness, my strange eating habits, and my bad puns. You keep me going. Also thanks to all of you bloggers out there who are always inspiring me.

On to another year!

(BTW, I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I haven't been coming up with much interesting food lately or stories lately. I do hope in a day or two to discuss all of the baking I did this weekend.)

18 comments:

Theresa said...

Congrats on your 2 years. It's been a wonderful experience for me as well. Love meeting new friends and trying new recipes. Looking forward to more. :)

noble pig said...

Happy Blog Day! Wow, two years, that's a good run!

Sara said...

Happy blogiversary! Love reading your blog :)

Sue said...

Happy Blogiversary!!! I love your blog. I love reading what you're up to and what you're cooking for all the lucky people in your life.

Isn't it wild that we started blogging 12 days apart?!!

Not Another Omnivore said...

Congrats on the two years!

NAOmni

Emily said...

Happy Blogiversary! Yours is one of my favorites. I'm a reader for life. Keep up the good work.

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy anniversary!

Peter M said...

Rachel, congrats and happy cooking. I'm glad we met and to be a regular reader of your blog.

Bellini Valli said...

Congratulations for reaching such a milestone. Two years is a big hurdle so ...here's to another 2.

The Duo Dishes said...

Definitely a happy blogaversary to you. Keep 'em coming!

Bunny said...

I didn't even know anything about blogs 2 yrs ago, I'm so glad I discovered them and you!

Lo said...

SO very glad you've continued to blog all this time. I look forward to reading what you've got cooking as often as I can!

Congrats on your blogiversary! AND on remembering it. I'm afraid I missed my first... and will have to WORK on not missing my second!!

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Theresa, Cathy, Sara - Thanks so much for reading!

Sue - Was it really only 12 days apart. When I first discovered your blog early on, you seemed like such a seasoned blogger. I remember I found your blog when someone recommended to me that I read your hilarious recap of the Rachael/Giada ICA battle.

Em - Aw shucks! You're one of the cool people I can brag about reading my blog!

Peter - So glad we had the opportunity to meet this year.

Duckie, OMni - Big hugs!

DD, Val and Bunny - Onward for more years to come!

Lo - I'll be watching for your two-year blogiversary!

melissa said...

Congratulations on two years. It's been wonderful getting to know you and your food. You're a lot of fun to read!

Stacey Snacks said...

Happy happy!

Sue said...

Rach,
Thanks. Looks can be deceiving!

Giff said...

a little belated, but happy blogiversary!

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy said...

Sorry I missed your blogiversary, Rachel. I've been in kind of a blog funk lately. Congrats on two great years!