Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Do You Know Why I Love Donna?

Why do I love Donna so much today?

Is it her cooking? Well, that's a bit plainly stated.

Is it her seamless way of blending sex, schmenkes, and food all together in one blog ('cause sex and food are really quite closely related if you love to eat)? Come on! That's why everyone loves her.

Is it that she makes me laugh? So many good blogs do...

Nope. Today it's because of this.

This is pierogi lasagne.

My hubby loves pierogies. He really loves them. I don't have time to make them totally from scratch, but I want to do something a little more special than throwing a bag of Mrs. T's in a pot. This *gulp* semi-homeade *eek* recipe is perfect. It tastes just like butter-soaked pierogies but you have to actually use a fork and knife to eat it.

I made this last night in anticipation of our 8th anniversary tonight. Pierogies take me back to the days when we were dating and often had dinner or breakfast at Just Like Mother's. (For our actual anniversary dinner, we ate at our favorite restaurant in our current neighborhood, Rani Mahal.)

Onions cooking in butter. Life isn't better than this.

Thanks for the recipe Donna. I may have this one stuck to my hips forever, but it's so worth it!

10 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

Aww gee shucks, thank you for the lovely lovely lovely compliments.. it is ok to do semi homemade once in a while, kinda like using sex toy, not real thing but a close second.

Loveya right back!!

The Blonde Duck said...

Isn't Donna fabulous? I think there's only one--er--reason she burns off all that food!

Bunny said...

Oh this is so good!! I found a recipe like this in a 4 -H cookbook yrs ago. Yes if you look perogies this is THE recipe to make!

Bellini Valli said...

It has been years since I made this and was given the recipe by a friend and coworker. Thanks for the reminder. It is sometimes too easy to forget the comfort dishes of our past.

Adam said...

Oh boy Rachel, you are really onto something with this one. We have all the awesome flavor with like 80% of the work gone. I'd take this to a potluck in a second.

And then make jokes about stuff everyone loves... ya know food, sex, whatever :)

The Blonde Duck said...

Samara will be crawling...but not out of a wall...

Steph said...

I love Donna too! Mmmm.. it looks very delicious!

Emily said...

This sound buttery and delicious! I would love to try it sometime.

Congrats on your anniversary!

Complaint Department Manager said...

Now if you can just make those onions go away...other than that, VERY appealing. Donna's mound of cheese(that just sounds wrong, don't it) made up for the onion photo.

We Are Never Full said...

holy crap.. i need that now. albeit i'm hungover as hell, but seriously... i want. now. that looks so awesome and so wrong.