Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year Everyone!

New Year's Eve and all its revelry is just about upon us. The snow is falling and covering the world like a gift to be unwrapped in the new year.

I won't be online much this weekend, so I wanted to make sure that I wished all of my readers a happy new year before the parties all start.

At this time of year I always like to make my acknowledgements. My blog is about finding inspirtation. It's about my belief that every recipe is a story. Sometimes I find inspiration in an ingredient. Sometimes I find it in recipes I see out in the world that I want to adapt. Other times I'm inspired by a recipe on a blog that is just too perfect not to make.

I always love opportunities to meet other bloggers. I was thrilled that this year I had a chance to meet two. I had one really great blogger lunch, and one short encounter (and they were both in Chelsea Market).

I always acknowledge and link the blogs I use when I post them here, but I still like to give a year-end shout-out and thanks to everyone who gave me a recipe during the year.

This year I would like to thank:

Sugar Plum (Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, Cinnamon Hazelnut Brownies, Nutella Hazelnut Cookies)

Closet Cooking (Halibut with Dill)

My Tasty Treasures (Pierogi Lasagna)

Noble Pig (Asian Noodle Salad with Peanuts and Mint, Dinner Rolls for a Crowd)

Zen Can Cook (Cauliflower Puree with Brown Butter)

We Are Never Full (Agrodolce Sauce)

Bunny's Warm Oven (Cherry Cheese Crumb Bars)

Clumbsy Cookie (Greenies)

Baking & Beyond (Chicken Tortilla Soup)

Fun & Food (Spinach Fettucini with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce)

Tartlette (Transatlantic Squares - my most ambitious dessert recipe all year)

Thanks for all of your inspiration folks. Many of you who weren't explicitly listed here still may have inspired my blog with your recipes ideas and ingredients, even if I didn't pilfer your recipes outright, so thanks for your friendship, your entertaining writing, and your inspiration!

Happiest of New Years to you all!

11 comments:

Sue said...

Love you!!! I LOVED our lunch too. The only problem will be picking a better spot for our next one.

Have a fantastic night and an even better next year!

Bellini Valli said...

I couldn't have said it better that blogging is all about inspiration wherever we may find it.Have a safe and foodie-filled New Year.

The Blonde Duck said...

Happy New Year's Eve!

Emily said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, RACHEL! I haven't commented in a while, but I've been reading. Just letting you know.

Yaaay! I'm happy that you made so much of my stuff! What are you kids doing tonight?

Adam said...

Fantastic post about inspiration and remembering what your blog is about. Getting back to basics is sooo important, like looking back on the past year.

I read your resolutions, and I think you have a really great mindset on the weight loss thing. I dunno if I told you, but my uncle lost like 40 lbs just eating slower. He ate only with a shrimp fork... not saying you need that extreme... but you get the idea :)

And awesome with the 25 pushups... I'm super proud of you!

Maybe you get pick the next topic for your theatre group... ya know to motivate you more :)

Susan @ SGCC said...

Happy New Year, Rachel! I hope that your 2010 is filled with wonderful and delicious things! :D

Donna-FFW said...

Happy New Year to you, and thank you for the kind shout out.

I wish you all the best this coming year, and as always look forward to your postings!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you had a good new years!

noble pig said...

Happy New Year my friend...you are so sweet!

CookiePie said...

Happy New Year!

Lo said...

What a great post!
And I'm here to thank YOU for a great year. Totally looking forward to more from you in 2010!

Happy new year!