Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I’m On Vacation, but TERP Will Be Here All Week

Howdy my dear muffins, I am sorry I haven’t been posting much this week. You see, on Saturday night, in order to commemorate the anniversary of my 29th birthday, my darling most wonderful husband, known to you all as Sir Pickypants, threw me a fantastic surprise party at one of our favorite local restaurants, Rani Mahal. We had all kinds of great food including chicken korma, chicken tikka masala, chana masala, saag paneer and so much other stuff I can’t remember it all! When the party was over the staff packed up the leftovers and sent us on our way. For days on end, we ate nothing but those leftovers for lunch and dinner. This had two results. The first is that I can’t look at Indian food for a very long time. The second is that there was nothing for me to blog about because I was eating the same thing every day.

So anyway, I’m off to my annual pilgrimage to the Pony Swim on Chincoteague Island. I am looking forward to a week of fun in the sun, sand, and surf as well as chasing wild ponies. Yes, I will say “Hi,” to Misty for you.

But don’t despair. The Essential Rhubarb Pie isn’t going anywhere. I am going to have a guest blogger. I have always wanted to have a guest blogger. I always enjoy seeing how my friends write each other’s blogs. I never know whom to ask to do the guest blog though. So many of my blog buddies seem so busy with their own lives and still trying to write their own blogs. I feel weird asking them to write mine.

Well, one day I read a blog that my brother wrote on the best steak sandwiches in Yankee Stadium, and I realized that I had someone who could write my blog within my own family. A love of food and cooking is very much hereditary around here. Bro is a whiz at the grill, but isn’t one of those guys whose cooking skills are limited to putting hunks of meat on the fire. He is also married to a woman who bakes exquisite cakes and cookies and makes empanadas to die for.

So for the coming week, I present to you my brother Erik (I call him Smurf – don’t ask). Hope you stick around and enjoy the blog. Post lots of comment love.

6 comments:

bellini valli said...

Have a fantastic time!!!!!

Emily said...

Have fun on Chincoteague Island! I've always, always wanted to go. I loved the books.

Hopefully you just don't want Indian food for a long time because you had too much. Hopefully you weren't sick or anything!

Yaaay Erik! I've seen him around on the Facebooks.

The Blonde Duck said...

See, I need to have my b-day at a Mexican restaurant so I can eat Mexican for days one end.

Wait, I already do. HA!

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Have fun on your trip! And I won't ask about "Smurf."

Erik said...

I hope you all try this the next time you want to roast a chicken. In the oven it's even better because you catch all the drippings. I use that to make a chicken stew with the leftovers.

Sue said...

What a lovely husband! What could be better than a surprise birthday party in an Indian restaurant? That is soooo great.