Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

TTFN My Dear TERP Muffins!

It's been a crazy week here in the (dis)Ordered kitchen, or actually, the kitchen is the only sane place.

After that lovely birthday dinner, I returned to work on Monday only to be told that the mega-corporation I work for has decided to consolidate all of its customer service operations next year and I will be out of a job in the spring. 

Nice birthday present, huh?

So I did some cooking this week, but my brain has been elsewhere, so I have been neglecting to blog about it.

I made these nice chicken tequila lime tacos.  They were inspired by a free sample I got at Whole Foods last week.  They had this jar out of a tequila lime salsa that I tried.  My first thought was, "I want another taste."  My second thought was, "I could make one just as good." 

Did I remember to write down the recipe?  Of course not!  These had chicken thighs, and tomato puree, and, of course, tequila and lime juice.  I also added some chile powder.  They were good.  Not much else to say.


Then I made these lamb chops.  I just sprinkled them with salt and pepper, cooked them in a cast iron pan, and covered them with a pesto sauce I made from basil, mint, pistachios, and pecorino.  The sauce was very good.  It worked well on the shrimp I served to SPP that night as well.


I also have to say that there have been some good reasons why I have been distracted from my blog.  For one thing, my dear husband, seeing how depressed I was, finally took the plunge and booked that trip to Italy for our anniversary that I have been bugging him about.  How can one concentrate on anything when there is a trip to Italy in the future?

Also, this is the last week before I take my annual pilgramage to the Chincoteague Pony Penning.  I leave on Sunday.  My body is still home, but my brain is definitely swimming in the ocean, watching ponies, and eating hot fudge sundaes from the Island Creamery.

So that's why I must say TTFN.  I will be gone all next week.  Unfortunately I have no guest posters while I'm gone.  My brother will be joining the family in Chincoteague this summer, so I can't cajole him into writing a blog post for me.

Hope everyone has a wondeful week! I'll be back with more recipes soon!

7 comments:

The Duo Dishes said...

What an up and down, crazy week! Sorry to hear about the job situation. Doors close, so others can open. You have time to grab hold of your next path, so don't worry now! Enjoy your Italy planning!!!! The best pizza in Rome was in the Campo di Fiori (Ack! Spelling mess probably!). Grab some! :)

katiez said...

Yay!!! A trip to Italy! How wonderful. I hope it's not too far into the future.... Regardless, have fun on the current trip.

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm so sorry about your job. They forced me out right before Christmas last year, so I know how hard it is. I hope you have a wonderful trip!

CookiePie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your job -- but the trip to Italy sounds amazing! I've always found that when something happens that you don't want, like your job ending, something else always comes along and you look back and feel happy about the change. So here's hoping that this change will end up being something great and positive for you!

Emily said...

That's terrible about your job! I'm sure you will fine something. Are you going to stay in the NY area?

The tacos sound great!

Enjoy your vacation!

Sue said...

That job news stinks! I'm so sorry. DO NOT bake one more thing for those people!!!

Have a great time with the ponies. You deserve it.

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope things are better!