Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I Should Probably Make a Post, Shouldn't I?

I will start by saying this post is just a placeholder. 

I have been cooking, but I haven't cooked anything new or noteworty recently.  Also, work is getting busier and I have less time to compose blogs during down time as I am sometimes known to do.  (Knowing I'll be laid off next year, I'm really hoping that future potential employers aren't reading this.)  I'm also so focused on Christmas that it's hard to want to be creative with upcoming meals.  I just want to have dinner on the table.  I envy all of you who never seem to lose your creative juices and keep blogging away.

So let's talk about Christmas.  Is everyone planning the big meal right now?  I feel like those people who wait until the last minute to shop. I know what I need to do, and I know what I'm making, but usually by now  I would have at least started compiling all of my shopping lists and put a game plan together.  I'm just not getting my butt in gear this year.  It's like how I finished all of my gift shopping, but no gifts are wrapped and the ones that need to be mailed have not been mailed.  This weekend I have promised myself that I will take care of the gifts.  Let's hope that I can also finish the shopping lists and game plans.

I am making Christmas Eve dinner for 8 people this year.  There will be a blog all about that when all is said and done, so I won't give away too much.  Suffice it to say, I won't be doing the traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes.  I know being in Italy this fall inspired me, but it didn't inspire me quite that much.  I will be making one of my Imitations of Italy recipes though. 

I'm also making cake and cookies for Christmas day dinner at Mom's.  I'm trying to decide on what kind of cake.  As always, I take a lot of inspiration from Emily!

Hope everyone is enjoying the planning and enjoying the season.  Can't wait to read everyone's Christmas blogs!

4 comments:

Lo said...

I'm with you, Rachel. Rest assured, you'll get that mojo back after the holidays have passed. So, no worries.

Of course, this is coming from another blogger who can relate. Haven't been doing much inspired cooking lately... in fact, we've been ordering way more takeout than usual. Seems I'm concentrating all my energy on planning that Christmas meal :) And yet, I haven't made much progress on that either...

At our house it will be prime rib, as usual. Sides are still up for grabs. But, I'm toying with the idea of sticky toffee pudding for dessert. Stay tuned :)

The Blonde Duck said...

I'm making two pies mañana! My head is spinning!

I didn't mean for Blue Eyes to be freaky. :(

Sue said...

I know what you mean about what we SHOULD have had done by now. I figure the most important thing is assisting Santa in getting ready for Christmas morning. When that's done, I can think about Christmas dinner.

I always figure whatever I HAVE to do HAS to get done in the time I have, so why sweat it?

Emily said...

I know exactly how you feel! I've really been struggling to keep up with all of the blogs I love reading + blogging. Good luck with your Christmas dinner! I can't wait to read all about it.