Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

(FIVE) I Almost Missed my Blogiversary



I can't believe that as of yesterday, The Essential Rhubarb Pie is five years old!

I also can't believe I nearly forgot to observe the date. 



I'm not sure how long I expected this to last when I started my food blog, but it seems like only yesterday that I started and it's been 5 whole years!

I wish I had a more elaborate way of celebrating.  I would have loved to have done a blog event where I could have asked friends to contribute a virtual party recipe, or perhaps have had a giveaway - I do so badly want to do a giveaway.  Unfortuantely, as you can see by the dearth of new recipes - and by the fact that the actual blogiversary was yesterday - that I don't have much time for thinking about my blog these days.  I do hope that will eventually change, but for now, I do apologize for the lack of content.  I also apologize for the lack of a giveaway.  Another thing I don't have besides time is food companies wanting me to show off their products!



Just because I haven't been around much lately does not mean this blog is going anywhere.  Trust me, I intend to be around another 5 years.  Yes, my dear muffins, I do intend to torture you with bad puns, bad photography, and too many geek references for a good long time.

I was thinking about why this blog means so much to me. I have many hobbies, all of which are rather social.  I ride my horses and do my dance and theater and singing with other people.   I cook in isolation.  I can share the finished product with others and love doing so, but I'm always in the kitchen alone.  My husband doesn't cook.  My local friends don't cook - even most of my non-local friends don't cook.  I dont' have people I can share tips and recipes with and talk about food with.

Thanks to the food blog community I have a wonderful circle of new friends whom I can cook with virtually.  You are the people I share tips and recipes with.  You are the people from whom I draw most of my inspiration.  You are the reason I don't truly cook in isolation.

So I raise my virtual glass of champagne to you, my virtual foodie friends!  You are the ones that help me keep this blog going.  Here is a toast to you and to The Essential Rhubarb Pie!

10 comments:

michelle@TNS said...

Happy birthday! Here's to five more years.

Rosemary said...

I love your blog. I'm so glad I found you. I've not been writing myself much these days, or feel I can't because of a lack of great pictures and great recipes. Good to know that you're not going away. Happy anniversary -- and here's to more puns.

Sue said...

I love your pictures and you know what you made me realize?!! I TOTALLY forgot my own blogiversary on March 10th, which was also 5 years. Does this mean that we're such oldtimers that we don't need to celebrate anymore? Nah, Happy, Happy Blogiversary! Here's to many, MANY more!!!!

bellini said...

Conratulations. I think I have followed you since The Essential Rhubarb Pie took its very first baby steps. Keep up the awesome job!!!

Emily said...

Happy blogiversary!! Hooray! Five years?! Has it really been that long? Congratulations. I'm a reader for life! Love youuu!

The Duo Dishes said...

Happy five years to you. :) More people than you know are looking forward to your next 5 years. You have a very real and honest energy and way about you and your food that is very true to yourself. Keep sharing it with us.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

You guys are all the best. I have awesome readers - faithful and fun! As long as I have friends like you, I'll be blogging!

Blond Duck said...

Happy anniversary!

Blond Duck said...

Hope you had a great weekend!

Gloria said...

congrats by your anniversary!!