Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Still No Camera, But I'll Give a Brief Recipe

I have yet to procure a new camera for myself.  I'm not even sure what kind of camera I want.  Should I try to get back into photography and splurge on a DSLR?  Wouldn't that make my blog that much more appealing if I made the effort to take good photos?  OTOH, big cameras are kind of burdensome size-wise and that can make them awkward when traveling.  On Utah/Arizona trip, Kevin had to go minimalist with his supplies and I had to carry anything he couldn't do without in my backpack because he had to carry his massive camera, tripod, and lenses in a backpack.  I suppose the ultimate deal would be to do what he does and carry a P&S when I don't want a camera to slow me down and get a DSLR for when I want to be more creative.

*Gets out rocking chair*  Back in the days of film, I had a Pentax SLR (Still have it sitting in the closet).  I definitely was more attentive to how I took photos (I had to be because it was totally manual), but probably didn't get out of it as much as I should because I only had one lens.  Still, I took classes, learned how to manipulate depth of field, and was pretty good in the darkroom with the B&W stuff.

I guess I really need to learn more Photoshop stuff too.  I have no excuse not to take good photos when so many of my blogger friends post photography advice in their blogs.

Anyway, my latest recipe is simple and also would be really hard to make look good in photos.

We all know how I am always trying to dull turkey burgers more interesting.  I came up with this method this week after adapting a taco recipe I saw in a magazine.

1 finely diced mango

1 finely diced onion, 1 finely diced jalpeno, 2 cloves minced garlic all sauteed together

1 tsp ground ginger and 1/2 tsp ground allspice

Approximately 2 pounds ground turkey

Form into patties and cook.  Definitely one of my better turkey burgers.

3 comments:

bellini said...

In invested in a Nikon. Yes it is bulky to take travelling but totally worth leaving other things behind.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

No can do. Nikons are too expensive. Also I need something that's not bulky because I am often in situations where a bulky camera simply can't be taken along. For example, trips like my recent Italy trip where I spent the day in horseback I needed a camera that could easily travel in a fanny pack or belt clip. While on my recent canyonlands trip while my husband carried the bulky cameras the long hikes,one of us needed true necessities like water and sunscreen in her pack. I'm never going to be that serious of a photographer that I would prioritize a camera over else.

Blond Duck said...

I definatley need a better camera.

I hope I didn't insult you about the child/ childless stuff--I realized later how I sounded. I just meant that turning into my father has been a huge fear of mine because he has such a miserable life and is horrible to people. My aunt is just like him and is so cruel to her husband--but if Ben and I didn't have kids, I know we'd be like you and Sir Pickypants. :)