Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Said I Wouldn't Do This, But Here They Are: Favorite 2012 Recipes

I rarely ever do retrospectives of the past year on my blog.  I'm more likely to use the end of the year to acknowledge the recipes I made from other blogs.

Looking at other Top 10s recently, I thought to myself, "Can I find 10 recipes on my blog that were truly worth reblogging?"  I began to realize if I can't find recipes that I think are worth reviewing, making again, and sharing over and over again, I should get out of the food blog world and perhaps stop thinking of myself as a cook of any talent.

So I decided to go back over 2012 and see what I have made and assure myself that I do make some good dishes.  Maybe I wouldn't come up with ten, but to avoid being too hard on myself, I have to remember I didn't blog that many recipes in 2012.

So here we go.

The Short (dis)Order Cook's Best Recipes of 2012

Roasted Cauliflower Curry & Coconut Soup



A Lot of Work, But It's Worth It Chicken Mole


 


 


 


I wish I had been able to get a better picture than this.  I think this was the best dish I made all year and it deserves a better photo to show its deliciousness.

  


 

 


 


 

Let's not forget dessert.  I didn't make too many original dessert recipes in 2012, but I did make Blueberry Streusel Pie.


Well, what do you know?  That was eleven recipes!.  I had ten good ones after all.  I hope my readers enjoyed reading about them as much as I enjoyed making and eating them.  Happy New Year to all of my TERP Muffins!

4 comments:

bellini said...

Hey Happy New Year!! Loving the new look and the peak into so many delicious dishes over the last year.

Blond Duck said...

I've been craving Mexican-- now I just have to decide between Chicken mole and verde sauce...

Sue said...

I vote for the duck breast recipes and the coconut,mango and chipotle chicken. Delicious! Actually, they all sounded good.

Am I really behind the times or did you welcome in the new year with a new template? It looks great.

The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

Sue - Yes, I did put in a new template recently. I realized how boring the old one was. I wish I had some real web design skill so I could do something highly original.